Monday, September 14, 2009

This & that

Well, I know it’s been a while since I’ve really updated the blog! Goodness, I guess I have just gotten ‘blog lazy’ this summer. Jeff and I have had so much fun enjoying the outdoors these last few months, that I’m very sad to see summer coming to an end! It’s been rainy here in NWA for a while and the temp is starting to get cooler…makes me sad b/c I know that fall is in the air! Even though Jeff had summer school all summer long, we were still able to enjoy some much needed R&R.

So Jeff started his fall semester a couple of weeks ago and already, I MISS HIM, but at the same time, I can’t believe this is his senior year either! Woot Woot!! Really, it’s gone by so fast. I think that’s going to be the theme of life from here on out…FAST. Some of Jeff’s professors have been throwing around the “G” word lately. GRAD SCHOOL!!!!! EEEEEEK!!!!! Oh – I get shivers down my spine thinking about it. There is a chance Jeff will be going to grad school after he graduates, but only as a ‘last resort’ option. I’ve really been praying lately that God would open career doors for him when he graduates so he doesn’t have to face more schooling. I’ve done a lot of research online and it all just makes my head spin!! There’s just so much to read and so many possibilities and roads and worries and thoughts and desires. But I look back over the last 4 years and I know that God has just masterfully orchestrated the direction of our lives, and I keep reminding myself that He will continue to guide us as long as we allow Him and keep our hearts open to Him. So we’ll see what these next few months will bring!!! Could get interesting ;)

Changing the subject, my mom is leaving for Florida next weekend!! Her 50th birthday was in July and I threw a surprise party for her. As a gift, I got her friends and family to pitch in and send her on a much needed vacation!! She is going to go down there w/ Jeff’s mom. Jeff’s parents just bought a house down there and they will be doing some cleaning, and moving, and also sight seeing and having fun. I hope she has a blast!! She’ll be gone for about 2 weeks – I’m jealous. To be funny, I got her a Florida survival kit, which included a big straw hat, a string bikini, and a beer coolie…among other things! HA!! Here’s a picture of her after I presented her with her gift. It was pretty funny….



Well, I guess that’s about all. I am going to the shooting range with my dad tonight. He just bought me a 22 handgun so I guess I better learn how to shoot it and operate it though I pray I NEVER have to use it!

No comments: