Monday, November 9, 2009

...............................War Eagle Cave

A couple of Saturdays ago, Jeff and I took advantage of a BEAUTIFUL fall day and went for a little hike to War Eagle cave. It seems like lately, our weekends have been spent doing housework & homework, so we are very thankful for any small opportunity to break away & enjoy the wonderful sunshine!! Which - btw - we have had plenty of last week here in NWA!! YAY! Praise the Lord for beautiful fall weather!!!!!

I came prepared to do some all out spelunking, but the cave really did not go back very far. It was just one HUGE magnificent room with a rather large creek running through it. I've never seen a creek running through a cave...it was cool!!! And it was so neat to see all the dripping water & beautiful cave formations. I wish I could have got them all on camera, but pictures don't turn out too well in the pitch black!

Here are some pictures of our outing...






The cave entrance


The creek running thru the cave




These were kinda blurry, but I was trying to get a picture of the huge room we were in. This is at the entrance looking in.







No comments: