Friday, January 22, 2010

............Meet little Ali!!

Big news! Jeff and I just got a new puppy! She is a 14 week old Australian Shepherd, and we love her!









Her name is Alibama Blue - we call her Ali. Alibama because she is from Alabama, and Blue because she has blue eyes and we were told she's a Blue Merle Aussie. One of my drivers got her while traveling thru Alabama, but they quickly realized that an Australian Shepherd is NOT a dog you can keep cooped up on an 18-wheeler! So after a bit of a trial run, Jeff and I decided we would keep her. We've been talking about the possibility of getting a dog for a while now - an outside dog that we can take hiking and camping and canoeing etc.

So far, she has been a great dog. She loves to run & play...like most puppies do...and she is quickly learning many new commands! But one thing I've learned with puppies though, is repetition is key. Don't just assume they have it just because they get it right a few times! You have to go over stuff again and again.

Last night she chewed up one of my favorite pairs of shoes when we left her in the house alone for about an hour. Well, you better believe that she is getting a crate on Monday!!!! I was pretty upset, but looking on the bright side I told myself at least it wasn't my furniture. :-) Jeff is working on building her a dog house this weekend. I think it's going to be pretty sharp!! I will post pictures when it's all done. She and jeff truly are best buds. She has been going to school with him almost every day. He takes her to campus & leaves her in his office while in class. She does pretty good, but of course we can't keep it up forever!





Jeff also baked her some homemade dog treats the other day!! She LOVES them!

3 comments:

The Hows said...

congrats! she's beatiful! i know you guys are super excited! so happy for you!

Chris and Rebecca Lee said...

so sweet! looks like she's been a part of the family forever. :)

Townsend said...

Alibama is one of the moste cutest puppies i've ever seen!! seriously! called joshua over and everything to look at the pictures :)
and home made dog treats! that is too sweet :)
love the pics!