Saturday, February 6, 2010

............................SEW EXCITED!!!

Well I finally got my sewing machine out of the box!!!!!! I got it two years ago for Christmas and truly had the best of intentions on learning how to sew. However, it was put into a closet never to see the light of day. TILL NOW!!! I thought what a better way to practice sewing than to make a dog blanket?! I mean, no one is really going to see it (meaning mistakes are ok!) and it gives me something simple to start out with. 'Sew'...I did it (lol)

I present to you my first sewing project!!! I am so excited about how it turned out!!


The materials:
Cotton on one side & fleece on the other



I wanted something girly & I chose something w/ chocolate brown & pink to match her dog house (those pictures coming soon)

The Process:

Once I got the hang of the machine, it was really easy. I searched for ideas online and ended up going with this pattern. I discovered that I really enjoyed sewing and I definitely hope to keep it up!






And now.......



The finished product!!!!!!!!









Again, I have to say I am so excited with how it turned out!!! I made a couple of mistakes, but thankfully, my stepmom (who is an excellent seamstress) was there to help me out!! I could not have done it without her. She taught me how to get the machine threaded & guided me thru the whole blanket. I don't know what my next project will be yet, but I definitely want to keep going before I forget everything I learned today!! HA!!

5 comments:

Iris said...

great job, chrissa! you should check out my friend ruby's blog, it's called "cakies" on my list. she's always sewing really cute things. i think you'd like it and get some good tips.

Layla and Jason said...

Good job, Chrissa! That looks great! I'm so impressed!

Chris and Rebecca Lee said...

i am so impressed! i agree, keep practicing so you won't forget. that is key! what great help to have your stepmom available to teach you....sweet memories!

Cuz said...

Jagger needs a new blankie!!!!

Clay and J said...

So cool! It looks great, Chrissa. I have always wanted to learn, good for you for doing it!